Facilities and Property Management
Caring for our Spiritual Home
Our Congregation is blessed with a beautiful campus on nine acres of land at 4027 E. Lincoln Dr., Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. It is our spiritual home and the home to two weekday schools. On Sundays we have between 150 and 300 people coming together to grow in spirit and Monday through Fridays we have between 50 to 70 children, teachers, and parents coming together to grow in knowledge and play.
Maintaining the buildings and the grounds requires help from everyone. When it comes to caring for this home, we are a big family working together to ensure that our home is welcoming and safe for everyone.
As the property manager it is my duty to act as a clearinghouse for building and grounds maintenance issues, to maintain all property management records, manage the grounds and maintenance budget, and coordinate
repairs and preventative maintenance.
Here are some ways everyone can help care for our campus. Which of these ways will YOU care for our spiritual home?:
Report maintenance issues. You can do this by submitting a UUCP Maintenance Request Form, or by sending an email to email@example.com; you may also call the office at 602-840-8400 or write down the maintenance issue on the Maintenance Repair List on one of the clipboards located in Office 2 or the Kitchen.
Whichever communication method is easiest for you to get the repair issue reported to me is fine. Every Monday a volunteer will review maintenance issues reported, investigate the issue, and help me prioritize issues within the scope of the annual budget for building and ground maintenance.
Pick a Campus Care Project to complete. See list and details below.
Here are some projects that anyone can do to help care for our campus! Contact Lora if you are willing to take on any of these jobs and indicate a day/time you’d like to work on the task. Certificate are available for those who need community service hours.
- Wipe down all interior doors and doorknobs.
- Wipe down all restroom stall doors and walls.
- Clean Chalice in Sanctuary.
- Clean tables in Johnson Room.
- Clean Memorial Garden Statues.
- Clean Memorial Garden plaques.
- Touch up paint throughout campus.
- Dust Sanctuary chair legs.
- The table in Office 2 needs some TLC. The legs are loose and wobbly and the table needs to be sanded down and a fresh coat of stain applied. This is a solid wood conference table and is worth the love and care.
- Clean the little windows in the main building.
- Clean out the Memorial Garden pool of debris and remaining rain water.
- Dust wooden name tag racks in Sanctuary.