We are two weeks from the October 5th deadline to register to vote. The anxiety about the election is running high. The stakes have not been higher in our lifetimes. What is our Unitarian Universalist and moral responsibility to our democracy? Where is our power? And how do we respond in such extraordinary times?
- Volunteer to be a Pollworker: https://azsos.gov/pollworker
- Write postcards: https://votefwd.
- Donate money so formerly incarcerated people can vote in Florida: https://floridarrc.
- Phone bank: https://www.uuthevote.
org/ or https://www.uuthevote.org/ phone-banking/
- Help activate specific Phoenix neighborhoods to get out the vote: https://www.
Share the Plate
This Sunday is also Share the Plate, and our recipient is Jam Pak Blues ‘N’ Grass Neighborhood Band. “We are a band of 30 children of all ages, races, and walks of life, that has been making bluegrass music in the home of our band leader Mrs. Anni Beach since she founded the band in 1994. Our goal is to make people and ourselves happy with our music. Please visit our website www.jampak.com.” Your contributions during the pandemic help pay for lessons online and transportation loan payments. Thank you! CLICK HERE to donate online.
Replay the full Service:
Replay the Sermon: