I am committed to the role our congregation plays in my religious exploration, and respect the shared ministry of each congregant, staff member, and minister, therefore:
- I acknowledge and accept my role as a community
member, approaching each encounter with curiosity;
generosity, and patience with the process
- I honor differences as opportunities to learn
- I listen to what others say
- I do my best to communicate directly and with humility.
I understand disagreement and conflict as an opportunity for growth,
- I state my views with kindness directly to those involved
- I say of another only what I would say to them;
- I am open to be changed by others;
- I practice both patience and fortitude;
- I remember to show gratitude to others for their
I affirm our flourishing religious community, therefore:
- I am generous with my talents, efforts, and gifts;
- I support those who take leader positions;
- I accept leadership when called and guide with love,
warmth, and humor;
- I encourage positive development within our
congregation, individually and collectively.
Thus do I covenant.