Earth Justice Ministry will hold its next regular meeting on Sunday, September 12 at 1:30pm.
Please Join Us!
You can easily join us on Zoom from a smart phone, computer, or tablet:
Passcode: Earth | Newcomers are welcome!
If you have not expressed your opinion to SRP about their plan to build 16 new (there are already 12) gas-fired power plants in Coolidge, a $1 Billion investment in fossil fuels rather than clean energy, please do. See the Sierra Club toolkit for signing a petition and sending postcards: If you have not already, please sign this petition opposing the expansion of this gas plant.
If you have not already, please sign this petition opposing the expansion of this gas plant.
Eat Plants for the Planet: Fruits and vegetables purchased during the season they are harvested locally helps reduce the transportation cost of them, hence lowers their carbon footprint. Peaches and nectarines are in season now. So you might try this recipe!
Recipe: California Marinated Salad
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a lg. bowl.
- 2 medium or large nectarines cut in bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb. mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts
- Dressing: Mix next 6 or 7 ingredients and pour over salad, mixing.
- Chill, covered, at least 1 hour.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. @ salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp crumbled tarragon leaves
- ½ tsp. crumbled thyme leaves