To Our UUCP Family,
Thank you all for a joyous and energizing first in-person outdoors service on Sunday, February 20. We appreciate how diligent everyone was with complying with the guidelines and helping each other.
- Online—We have starting using a regular Zoom room where you can see and interact with others in worship if you wish (or turn off your camera and just relax if you don’t). You can always join our worship services on Zoom at 10:30am.
- Outdoors, in-person—If, after reading the details below, you feel that you would like to join us in worship outdoors, you can register. Attendance at services will be limited to 100 people, so please be sure to register.
What You Need to Know Before Registering to Attend Outdoors, in Person
- Timing—The service is scheduled to start at 10:30am. Please arrive between 10 and 10:15 to allow time for all to settle in comfortably.
- Location—We will gather in the Memorial Garden, south of the main building, just off the main parking lot.
- Seating—Please bring your own chair, if at all possible. We have chairs available. If you don’t have one or can’t carry it, just ask an usher and we’ll get one of ours for you. Please sit with your family pod, if applicable, leaving space between pods.
- Masks—Masks are now optional if you are outside, but still required whenever you are inside one of our buildings. If you choose not to wear a mask, please respect others by maintaining at least 3′ of space from people who are not members of your household.
- Socialization—Although we know you’ll be glad to see others, we are asking for no hugging until the COVID numbers decrease.
- Name tags—Name tags are not available for now as we work out the logistics of in-person services. We will let you know when they become available.
- Singing—Congregational singing is still not recommended, but luckily we have great musicians performing as part of our Spring Music Series.
- Childcare—Children and their noises are always welcome, but we will not have childcare during our services. All family units need to stay together, including children. We will be re-introducing in-person Children’s Ministry offerings as it is safe to do so.
- Bathrooms—The building will be open for bathroom use only. Masks must be worn inside the building.
- Offering—There will be collection stations at the entrance to the worship area where you can put donations. We will not be passing around a basket for the offering.
- Cancellation—In the event of inclement weather or emergency, cancellation notices will be posted on the UUCP website and our Facebook page by 8:00am on the day of the service. Please check before leaving home to go to the service.
- Coffee Hour—There will be an online coffee hour for those who are joining us online. Because we need everyone to stay masked, there will not be an in-person coffee hour after the in-person worship service.
- Children’s Ministry Coffee Hour Activities—Kids Space and other Children’s Ministry activities will start at noon rather than immediately following the service.
- Registration—Everyone planning to attend must be registered (you can register multiple people in your group at the same time).
In Summary for In-Person Worship
- Register to attend in person
- Bring your own chair(s) if possible
- Masks are optional if you are outside, but required whenever you are inside a UUCP building