Share the Plate
The Share the Plate committee oversees the selection of the organizations to receive the collection. To nominate an organization to receive the collection please complete the application below.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient organization must be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in the U.S., separate from UUCP, or a foreign charity that would be tax-exempt if it was in the U.S.
- The mission, purposes and practices of the organization must be aligned with those of UUCP
- Recipients must have some connection to UUCP through shared work, affinity, or other UUCP support
- The offering will make a significant contribution to the program with the majority of funds going toward programming
- Recipients must have a budget that is mindful of the balance between program and administrative costs
- Offerings will focus on local programs in or serving beneficiaries in the Valley. Consideration will be given to non-local programs with a strong connection to UUCP members.
- Preference will be given to new nominations. Recipients will generally receive the offering just once within the formal church year.
Please click this link to navigate to the Share the Plate application.