Due to popular demand, we are holding another in-person letter writing party on October 23 at UUCP with Vote Forward and others: Join other UUCP Friends and Members in a Letter Writing Party after Service! The Good Trouble Team will supply letters and postcards, but please RSVP to email@example.com before October 20, so we know how many letters to order. We also have stamps available for anyone who wants to be involved, but needs help with the cost of postage. Just let us know when you RSVP. The more the merrier, bring a friend! Our letter writing party in September was a tremendous success that resulted in 460 postcards/letters being written.
Vote Forward: Midterm elections are all about turnout, and handwritten letters have proven to be an effective way to encourage voters to participate in our democracy. We’re writing voter turnout letters now to send to voters in October.
- Getting started with Vote Forward is easy. Visit the Vote Forward site to complete your Vote Forward registration. If you need help, take a look at the instructions.
- When your account is approved, log in at votefwd.org.
- Choose a key state or district letter writing campaign, and “adopt” voters on your Vote Forward dashboard.
- Download, print, and prepare your letters.
- Keep your finished letters somewhere safe.
- Mail your letters on October 29—right before Election Day when they’ll have the greatest impact.
Center for Common Ground: The Center for Common Ground is a non-partisan voting rights organization led by people of color. Their mission is to educate, and empower under represented Black voters to fully participate in Democracy. Find opportunities for phone banking, texting, and postcarding action on the Center for Common Ground website.
Phone Banking, Texting, Canvassing with Climate Justice Voter: UU the Vote has partnered with the Environmental Voter Project. The Environmental Voter Project is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization focused on accurately identifying non-voting environmentalists and efficiently converting them into a critical mass of consistent voters. Learn more about this organization: What We Do | Environmental Voter Project. Find opportunities to amplify your 5th and 7th Principle values from phone banking, to canvassing, to sending postcards.