Share the Plate
Our Share the Plate ministry is one way we breathe life into our commitment to be agents of change in our community. Since 2008, UUCP has donated one Sunday’s collection plate each month to a non-profit organization dedicated to helping the community–this amounts to 3% of the UUCP operating budget.
The Share the Plate Committee oversees the selection of the organizations that will receive a donation. Past recipients include: TransMentors, Interfaith Cooperative Ministries, Circulo de Amigas, Booker T. Washington Child Development Center, The Permaculture Guild, Hogar Materno, Fresh Start Women’s Resource Center, UMOM New Day Center, The Family School, the UUA and the UUSC.
To apply to receive a donation, please click the following link: Share the Plate application.
Please be aware that the Share the Plate Committee operates on a 4–6 month cycle. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that funding for specific dated events will occur in a timely manner.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient organization must be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in the U.S., or may have a fiscal sponsorship arrangement with an organization that has 501(c)(3) status.
- The mission, purpose and practices of the recipient organization must be aligned with those of UUCP.
- Recipients must have some connection to UUCP through shared work, affinity, recommendation or sponsorship by a UUCP member, or other UUCP support.
- The donation must make a significant contribution to the organization’s programs, with the majority of funds going toward such programming.
- Recipients must have a budget that is mindful of the balance between program and administrative costs.
- Organizations with local programs that serve beneficiaries in the Valley will be given priority. However, we will also consider non-local programs with a strong connection to UUCP members.
- Preference will be given to new nominations. Recipients will generally receive a donation only once per year.